Tuesday, 14 July 2009

Hmm...

...

Well, I'm still not quite sure about how much of a scam Evony is, but they've certainly proved one thing - that their marketing strategy permanently revolves around one word.

Cleavage.

They seemed to be going away from it when the game had left its public beta, but after a short absence, breasts were back with a vengeance. Hey, you mean there's a game too?!

Much as my break from Evony was because I grew tired of it, I'm becoming more suspicious of them, and certainly several comments on my review strongly criticise the game as a scam. I'm just wondering though... does anyone have any actual hard data to support this? If so leave a comment pointing to it...


CaptainD - PC Gaming Blog


1 comment:

DJ Zii said...

I don't know how much of a scam it is, but I do know that every time I log into the game, my network bandwidth drops to nothing, and stays that way even after I log out. Whether this is the server polling to see if I'm still there, or something more sinister, I don't know. I DO know that the game can become mildly addictive.

Also, those with the most money to spend on the in-game "cents" are the ones that win. Period. I'm not sure I like that idea, but if someone is willing to spend their hard earned money on such a game, I'm not going to fault Evony for taking advantage of it. That's my two cents (pun intended).

Google+ Followers